Sunday, October 11, 2009

Market Yourself for Free: Make a Blog

I know a lot of beginning investors who want to advertise their service, but I hear them complain that they don't have enough money to advertise.

How about I talk about one of the ways you can advertise--FOR FREE?

You can advertise yourself writing a blog. (I use Blogger.com, but there are others, if you prefer.) The idea is to provide information that will help people. This way, they WANT to return, maybe even telling other people about your information that you offer. Ideally, you can create a link to your website. Even if you do not, is there anything stopping you from putting in your phone number or e-mail, if you're trying to generate calls?

Some people are worried that it won't look professional like those other websites. Let me put it to you this way. Would you rather visit a professional looking SALES site, or would you rather visit a place that looks so-so but has AWESOME information? I know my answer. You can make your blog look like a sharp website. (Don't use mine as an example. This isn't my objective.)

Plus, there are a whole lot of other twists. Just to name a few: Adsense, Affiliate Marketing links, and Links to Partner Sites.

The biggest thing I see is that is gives a beginning (or anyone else) a chance to advertise (preferrably passively) what they do, and this can be done for free.

So now that you have, at least, one place that you can advertise yourself for free, what's your excuse NOW?

No comments: